- Youth heart screenings by playsmart will be here TOMORROW! (Monday April 24th). Permission slips are available in the main office. Please take advantage of this opportunity to have your child’s heart screened. It does not matter if they participate in sports or not. They have been able to identify 687 youth that needed treatment and follow up since June 2012. This is an amazing program and it’s free for our students in 7th – 12th grade. *You must fill out the form that was sent home with the report card and return it back to the office!
- Senior roof top picture has been scheduled for Wednesday May 10th at 11AM during 6th period.
- Eligibility check is tomorrow during career advisory.
- Heritage Day is looking for talent! We had an AMAZING talent show this year, please encourage your child to sign up for the Heritage Days Talent Showcase…more information to come.
- College visits are approaching fast! Have your student return their permission forms ASAP! Juniors have an option of attending Pacific University on May 1st or University of Portland on May 22nd. Pacific and UP only allow 30 students to tour at a time, so please turn in your permission slips ASAP if you have a preference of college. *Lunch is provided by the CCRC grant!
- Seniors: Josten’s was here April 19th to deliver graduation materials.
- We have several outstanding balances on student accounts. Please contact Sharon Hicks at email@example.com to see if you have a balance owed on your student accounts. As a reminder, all fees must be paid for seniors to receive their diploma and for 8th graders to attend the 8th grade field trip. Now is a good time to start setting up a plan to pay off fees if needed. Please speak to Sharon Hicks firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-728-2146 x 2201.
- Seniors who have received scholarships from other resources besides the Clatskanie Foundation, please let Mrs. Cameron know by May 26th so we are able to print your scholarship information in the graduation program and give you the recognition you deserve! Also please let Mrs. Cameron know if you are joining the military or have received an apprenticeship because we also want to recognize your for your achievements!
- Senior pictures are needed for the Baccalaureate power point. If you have photos please send them to email@example.com. Thank you!
- From the senior parents: Reminder final payment for senior trip is due April 30th. Senior pictures & baby pictures are due by the 1st that is a Saturday, but try to get them in asap. Monday the 3rd would be best. Please email any group pictures, class pictures, any you would like to share for a slide show at the baccalaureate to: JDeanhardt @yahoo.com by June 1st. Casino bus tickets are for sale if you are interested & would like to support our seniors. They are $20 for the Lucky Eagle scheduled to go April 7th. Bus will leave Safeway parking lot at 5pm. If seniors still need to do some fund raising for the senior trip the spring snack shack will have available spots to work. Contact Cyndi Warren for available spots at 208-249-7144. Sweatshirts & T-shirts are still available for sale also. Thanks, Senior parents
College and Career Readiness Center
- Juniors-It's Spring SAT /ACT time! Thinking about a 4-year college? This spring is the time to take your SAT and or ACT!
Safe and Sober Events / News
- If seniors still need to do some fund raising for the senior trip the spring snack shack will have available spots to work. Contact Cyndi Warren for available spots at 208-249-7144.
- Sweatshirts & T-shirts are still available for sale also.
- Please email any group pictures, class pictures, any you would like to share for a slide show at the baccalaureate to: JDeanhardt @yahoo.com by June 1st.
- The senior trip is June 10th -12th. Cost is $350.00. Final due date is April 30 to have your money in if you plan to go on the trip. If you have any questions call Christy at 541-350-0113 or Robin at 503-369-4208
- Please save your cans and ask your friends and family to save their cans. They can be dropped off at the hair place or they can be picked up. Please contact Robin Miller at 503-369-4208 or Tracy Points 503-369-7441.
- Thank you for all your support! – The Class of 2017
· Play Smart Heart Screening – April 24th
· Photography field trip – April 25th
· Doernbecher Week – April 24th-28th
· School Board Meeting – April 24th 6:30PM CES Room 11
· Forestry at State – April 28th & 29th
· OASC Spring Conference – April 30th & May 1
· Juniors to Pacific University – May 1st
· Teacher Appreciation Week – May 1st-5th
· ASB Speeches – May 8th during MML
· Senior roof top picture – May 10th 11AM 6th period
· Forestry @ Camp 18 – May 13th
· Class Speeches – May 15th during MML
· Choir Festival @ Forest Grove – May 16th
· School Board Meeting – May 22nd 6:30PM CES Room 11
· Last Day for Seniors to charge on their lunch account – May 22nd
· SBAC for juniors – May 22nd and 23rd
· SBAC for MS – May 24th and 25th
· Last day for seniors to inform us of military and scholarships for the graduation program – May 26th
· Drama Production “Bye Bye Birdie” – May 26th 7PM; May 27th 2PM & 7PM
· No School Memorial Day – May 29th
· NHS Induction Ceremony – May 30th Cultural Center
Have a great week!
503-728-2146 x 2210