The College and Career Readiness Center is pleased to announce that all 8th and 9th graders will have the opportunity to take the PSAT 8/9 on March 13th. This is a specialized test for 8th and 9th grade students. Students will still be taking the PSAT 10 in the fall of their sophomore year.
If you do NOT want your child taking the PSAT 8/9 please email Chris Boothe at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 10th to opt out. This is a free test provided by the College and Career Readiness Center grant and the district. We ask that if your child is going to opt-out you let us know ASAP so that we can let waitlisted students know their status. We appreciate your help in making this the best possible experience for all students testing!
Any 7th graders that wish to take the PSAT 8/9 can pay $15 to be put on a wait list (first come, first serve). The $15 must be paid in order to be placed on the wait list. Please sign up and turn your money into Sharon Hicks in the main office. Your money will be returned if your child is not able to take the test. This is due to only a certain number of tests that are available. 7th grade students will not know if they are able to take the test until the morning of March 13th.
If your 8th or 9th grade student is late to school on March 13th they will not be able to take the PSAT 8/9.
More information will be available as the date gets closer.
- No School Monday – President’s Day
- Middle School play tonight and tomorrow night at 7PM in the CMHS auditorium. This is directed by one of our very own seniors for her senior project!
- It is flu season…if your child is running a fever or vomiting they need to be 24 hours free of these symptoms before returning to school. This is much appreciated!
· JOB CORP PRESENTATION:
Monday February 27th a representative from the Job Corps will be at CMHS for students to learn more about their program. If parent or student would like to attend sign up at CCRC or email Chris (email@example.com ) or Lisa (firstname.lastname@example.org ). The Job Corps offers career planning, on-the-job training, job placement, residential housing, food service, driver's education, GED completion, health and dental care, a bi-weekly basic living allowance and clothing allowance as well as job training in:
· Building Construction Technology
· Cement Masonry
· Certified Nurse Assistant
· Clinical Medical Assistant
· Computer Technician A+
· Computer Technician Network +
· Culinary Arts
· Dental Assistant
· Exterior Landscaping
· Office Administration
· Ornamental Landscaping
· Seamanship (Able-Bodied Seaman (AB) and Qualified Member of the Engine Department (QMED))
- Youth heart screenings by playsmart will be here on Monday April 24th. Permission slips will be sent home with your child’s report card from first semester. Please take advantage of this opportunity to have your child’s heart screened. It does not matter if they participate in sports or not. They have been able to identify 687 youth that needed treatment and follow up since June 2012. This is an amazing program and it’s free for our students in 7th – 12th grade.
College and Career Readiness Center
- Coast Guard Sector/Cape Disappointment tour Monday February 27th. Students must register in the College and Career Center by February 17th in order to attend!
- Seniors-local scholarship opportunities are now available! Pick up your applications in the Counseling office or in the College and Career Readiness Center (room 203)
- PSU – those that have been accepted to PSU the trip has been rescheduled for March 14th.
- Juniors-It's Spring SAT /ACT time! Thinking about a 4-year college? This spring is the time to take your SAT and or ACT!
- Deadlines are coming up fast!
- Register for the SAT and/or ACT
- March 11th SAT by February 10th @ www.collegeboard.org
- April 8th ACT by March 3rd @ www.act.org
- Need help or need to print your admission ticket? Come see us!
- Sophomores-Visit to PCC-Cascade Campus (CTE) Monday April 17th
- Job Corps presentation Monday February 27th 9:15 am
- Perry Tech Presentation Wednesday March 15th 10am at CMHS. Please register in the CCRC! *Campus visit to Perry Tech tentatively scheduled for April 10th.
- Apprenticeship Forum – St Helens HS on March 10th from 10AM-Noon. All juniors will be attending. Sophomores and Seniors may attend with permission form and available seating. *Juniors must opt out if they do not want to attend with Beth McDonald or parents can email at email@example.com
- PSAT 8/9 – All 8th and 9th graders will take the PSAT 8/9 on March 13th. Please email Chris Boothe at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out. 7th graders may take the exam on a limited basis. $15 must be paid to Sharon Hicks to be put on a wait list.
- Aveda Rep (Beauty School) here on March 16th.
Safe and Sober Events / News
- All profits go towards the senior safe and sober party. Any and all seniors and their parents who are able to help would be greatly appreciated!
- Please save your cans and ask your friends and family to save their cans. They can be dropped off at the hair place or they can be picked up. Please contact Robin Miller at 503-369-4208 or Tracy Points 503-369-7441.
- Please remember the cost of the senior trip is $350 per student. Please get your money in as soon as possible. Take advantage of the fundraising opportunities as well. If you have questions please contact Christy Davis 541-360-0113, Robin Miller 503-369-4208, or Tracy Points 503-369-7441.
- Thank you for all your support! – The Class of 2017
· Tiger Tournament – February 18th & 19th
· No School – February 20th President’s Day
· Tiger Tournament - February 25th & 26th
· Coast Guard Sector/Cape Disappointment Tour – February 27th
· School Board Meeting – February 27th 6:30PM CES Room 11
· Talent Show Tryouts – March 1st-3rd
· Jesuit Play field trip – March 3rd see Mrs. Brewer to sign up
· Forestry at Knappa – March 4th 9AM
· NAEP Testing 8th Grade only – March 7th
· Apprenticeship forum @ St Helens (Juniors) – March 10th
· Forestry at Sweet Home – March 11th
· PSAT 8/9 – March 13th
· Perry Tech visit – March 15th
· Forestry at Philomath – March 18th
· School Board Meeting – March 20th 6:30PM CES Room 11
· Talent Show – March 24th
· Spring Break – March 27th – 31st
Have a great weekend!
503-728-2146 x 2210